Saturday, September 20, 2008

In My Opinion

Ok, so if there is anything as a mom that I am neurotic about it's taking family pictures. People sometimes joke that we are constantly going to take new family pictures, well it is mostly true. Of course in the world of digital cameras we all take pictures all the time and can save them forever and print them out at the touch of a button but......I still like taking the time, going to JC Penney (my favorite, due to the amazing prices) and having them take our picture.
Granted I used to actually think it was "fun", as they caught the perfect smile on camera. Now with three kids its more like an endurance race, but worth it. We went down to Palm Desert yesterday to have Abbey's first portraits done, they were so cute. And of course we took some family pictures as well, though Abbey didn't really want to smile for the photographer (since we were in the picture too we couldn't really try to get her to smile ourselves) I think they turned out great. So to all of you who say you wish you took family pictures more.....I think you should too. And Chelsea at the Palm Desert Mall is great (though not as good as Juanita at the mall in Orange).

2 comments:

The Urke Family said...

so i was just thinking yesterday about if i should take in aubrie to get pictures taken or if we should just take a family picture of ourselves and i think you are convincing me maybe it would be worth it to go in...hmm

barefootkangaroo said...

I'll do your portraits for $1.50. That's like way cheap!