Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Batman...Pt 1

OK, so I know I'm jumping ahead in the summer here since I haven't even finished posting about all the other stuff we've been up to but this just has to get done. Besides I told Jared and some other people I would get it up tonight.

Yesterday I come home from work and Em tells me to check out the random mouse poop in the living room...over by the big front window, on our little magazine table, some by the fireplace. I'm like, ah crap, we have a mouse in the house, what's the deal with that. I decide to put a trap down stairs. Later that evening, Em tells me there is a whole bunch more upstairs in our bedroom, especially in the dormer. I'm totally bummed, decide to go put a trap upstairs. I also decide that I'm going to start looking around because usually mice get active in the evening and I want to find this sucker. I get a flashlight and start snooping around upstairs...I find a nice little grouping of poop behind our bedroom door and then when I look up...oh crap, a BAT!

This dude is just chillin hanging on the door hinge so I tell Em and she starts freakin and quite frankly my heart starts racing. Bats are the number one carrier of rabies and they also carry a host of other diseases. This thing has got to GO! I run out to my truck and grab the biggest pair of gloves I've got, then snag a pillowcase and head back to get rid of this guy. Fortunately I am able to just one-shot grab him in the pillowcase, he starts squeakin and I talk Em in to taking my victory photo.

I toss the bat outside and he flies off. Em convinces me to call our local Wildlife Control guy, Traci. He's incredibly smart and deserves his own show on the Discovery Channel or something. The only bummer is that it's 9:30 at night but Em wants to know what we should do. I call Tracy and fill him in on what went down, he's like...
"Cool, leave the poop."
"What!? Leave the poop, it's all over?"
"Yeah, leave the poop, I'll come by in the morning and tell you what the bat is up to, if there are more, and how long he has been there."
"You can tell all that from poop?"
"Yeah, leave the poop."
So we leave the poop and decide to go to bed...




3 comments:

Unknown said...

No Way! I can't wait to hear what Traci find's out from looking at the poop.

Glad you posted this because it's not everyday that mouse turns into a bat!

Beth said...

That is hilarious. We did a big house hunt a couple summers ago, but I don't think I could handle a bat. Can't wait to read the rest!

Beth said...

Dang it... I meant "mouse hunt."