Monday, October 11, 2010

Summer Project

So Dennis, Emily's dad, decided the kids, and not just our kids but all his grand kids, needed a big fort to play in when at their house in IDY. Em and I found a used one in Temecula on craigslist and my grampa, dad, and I went to pick it up and disassemble. Then Dennis and I were put to the task of reassembling it with no instructions...it only took 4 hours to disassemble, and 2 days to reassemble. First we have the spot, cleared of weeds, semi-level, and ready to go.

Next is the base and some posts for the second floor.
Then we had to call in the big guns to lug the fort up on to the posts. Money well spent.
OK, forget all the in between pix, here it is all put together with Seth as the model. Our kids love it and can't wait to show their cousins the next time they are down.

3 comments:

Josh Tate said...

Love the elephant.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to play on it!

(I mean watch the kids play on it and wish I was still small enough to partake in the festivities;)

Unknown said...

Amazing job! You can also share your work at www.term-paper-research.com, as they are collecting ideas from hand made play grounds. There is a contest, if I'm not mistaken.
Sincerely,
Judith