Monday, October 26, 2009

Did I really just do that?

Uh.....I went to Africa. Holy Cow! I went with Joel and Chris (Josh's Parents) to visit Jared (Josh's brother).....It was amazing. This is me with Josh's parents, Jared and Jolly the Country Director of Invisble Children. Jared works for Invisible Children as their director of programs, wow. He lives in Gulu, in northern Uganda.
Here Jared and Chris eat some Ugandan "fast food" roasted corn and roasted banana that they sell on the side of the road. All you have to do is pull over and they run up to your car.....just like America....almost.
Yep, a Giraffe
A picture of me on a boat safari with Hippo's in the background. There are lots of Hippo's in Uganda.....like, more hippo's than I knew existed in the whole world....
Me by the Nile.....before going white water rafting.....for real....the Nile. (yeah, moses, pharoah - woah) I had a good time, but I missed Josh and the kids terribly. (Thanks mom and dad for coming to help Josh out). In some ways Africa was exactly like I thought it might be but I learned a few things for sure. In Northern Uganda people are gracious, trusting and hospitable - we felt so welcome. Thanks Josh....for making me go.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Awesome pictures!

Jen said...

Emily...that trip looks like it was AMAZING!!! I can't wait to hear more about it!

lisa d said...

way to rock the camp maranatha shirt in africa!!

Unknown said...

That is amazing! What an awesome opp.
Blessings to you and your family