Monday, October 20, 2008

Laguna

Josh and I are eternally grateful to Auntie Dawn, Auntie Justine and Auntie Beth for watching the boys for the weekend.....we took Abbey and escaped to the beach for two days. The weather was great, We took several long walks, and Abbey slept 'til 8:30 two days in a row! It was much needed "alone" time. (I did not think I would ever consider time with just a new baby as "alone" time.....but life changes things =)
We watched the sunset....of course and it was gorgeous. I know we are blessed to lived in the beauty of the mountains every day but it was so nice to smell the ocean, and feel the cool breeze and walk in the sand. The boys had a great time with their aunties and I'll try to get some of their pics from the pumpkin patch and carving pumpkins to show you all....

2 comments:

The Urke Family said...

Your weekend sounds like it was wonderful! I am so glad you guys got to do that. It's funny how it counts as "getting away" with bringing a baby along on the trip. It makes me realize how much easier I have it now then I will in a few years down the road..

barefootkangaroo said...

Alone time sucks! You should have taken the Tates!!! Just kidding. We're glad you're back though.

...and that picture of me looks like I'm on an acid trip, which is kind of cool, but then I was all like, "If that's a 'good' picture of me than I've got to see these pictures of Sarah that you deemed unpostable."